ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins have placed tight end Niles Paul on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.Coach Jay Gruden made the announcement Monday as the Redskins returned to practice after their bye week. Gruden says Paul will need surgery to repair his injured labrum.Paul is Washingtons No. 3 tight end behind Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis, their fullback when needed and a special teams ace. Hes also the special teams captain.The 27-year-old had two catches for 27 yards this season. Paul missed all of last season with an ankle injury.Gruden said the team will consider external options to fill Pauls spot.Tight end Derek Carrier began practicing Monday, 11 months after tearing the ACL and medial collateral ligament in his right knee. The Redskins have 21 days to decide whether to activate him from the physically unable to perform list, put him on IR or cut him.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFLAir Max 1 Clearance Sale . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Kyrie Irving Shoes Friends . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.com/cheap-vapormax-shoes.html . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Fake Kd Shoes . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Fake Air Max 1 For Sale . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. The National Womens Hockey League is slashing its player salaries in half in a drastic cost-cutting measure thats regarded as one of the second-year leagues only chances to continue operating this season.The players have been informed in the interest of keeping the league financially viable that we have to enact salary cuts effective immediately, NWHL Commissioner Dani Rylan said during a conference call with reporters Friday.We fell short on some projections and we had to pivot and make a business decision at the end of the day, she said. And the decision was, if we want to exist and we want to save the season, we have to make the appropriate decisions to do so.Without specifying the amount of the cuts, Rylan went public with her announcement a day after she informed team executives and players.A person with direct knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press that player salaries were cut by 50 percent, which represents as much as $540,000 in savings. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because Rylan declined to disclose any figures.Rylan did say the cuts do not apply to league employees and team employees who are not players.She said team executives will have added responsibilities in an effort to increase ticket sales and attract sponsors. The four-team league has franchises in Boston; New York; Stamford, Connecticut; and Buffalo, New York.Rylan also announced Dunkin Donuts, the NWHLs largest corporate sponsor, is committing an additional $50,000 investment in money that will go directly to paying players.She blamed part of the cash-flow crunch on declining attendance a month into the season.Last year, the NWHL became North Americas first womens hockey league to pay player salaries, which range from $10,000 to $26,000.The cuts represent a major setback for an upstart league Rylan established in what was essentially a startup venture supported by investors and corporate sponsors.Midway through last season, Rylan was so confident the NWHL model would be a success that she entertained questions of expansion.Now, there are questions as to whether the league will be around for a third season.I think we can agree after yesterdays news it would be pretty foolish of me to guarantee anything, Rylan said. But we have every hope andd expectation that the league will be around for many years to come.ddddddddddddNew York Riveters defenseman Ashley Johnston said players were shocked upon being informed of the need for pay cuts.When I first heard the news, I think probably gut-wrenching is the best way to describe it, Johnston said. Its kind of going through the different stages of mourning. Youre sad, youre frustrated, all the things that youd expect.Though a setback, she doesnt foresee players choosing to opt out of their contracts.The easy thing right now would be for everyone to pack up their bags and go home, Johnston said. But Im never one to really think that the easy thing is the right thing to do. Its just going to be figuring out our next steps and where we go as a team, as a league and as a family from here.NWHL players options are also very limited when it comes to continuing to play after college.The Canadian Womens Hockey League is a month into its 10th season and the rosters of its five teams -- including one in Boston -- are mostly set.CWHL players also arent paid salaries but instead earn prize money for winning the regular season and playoff titles. The league has announced plans to begin paying players some sort of a stipend as early as next season.Though many in hockey circles -- including Calgary Flames President Brian Burke -- have lobbied for the two leagues to merge, Rylan has been cool to the proposal in part because the two operate on different business models.On Thursday, Rylan said she has had amicable talks with CWHL officials, but added she has nothing new to report on any merger plans.Rylan said she did not reach her decision to cut salaries lightly.It came after trying everything we could from a business perspective to avoid it, Rylan said. Yes, this is a setback. But sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. And thats what were learning here.---This story has been corrected following a new estimate from a person with direct knowledge of the decision to reflect that the savings are expected to be $540,000, not $440,000, and corrects the spelling of Riveters defensemans name to Johnston, not Johnson. ' ' '